If radio and TV stations play your company’s music and/or videos, you may be able to collect royalties from the Phonographic Performance Company of Australia (PPCA).

Established by record companies in 1969, PPCA licenses radio and TV stations and public venues that broadcast recorded music or music videos in their premises. PPCA licenses more than 50,000 businesses across the country including restaurants, pubs, gyms, hair salons, retail shops, and nightclubs.

PPCA is authorised to provide such non-exclusive transmission and public performance licenses for the record labels and artists that own or control the copyright in sound recordings or music videos and empower PPCA to do so.

After deduction of administrative costs, licence fees are then distributed to registered rights holders and Australian artists based on extensive airplay logs and information provided by our major licensees.

To collect royalties from PPCA, you will need to sign the necessary agreement to empower PPCA to collect and distribute license fees on your behalf.

For further information or to register, please contact PPCA’s distribution department on 02 8569 1133 or visit www.ppca.com.au