2023 INDIE-CON AUSTRALIA CONFERENCE
Australia’s leading independent music conference, Indie-Con, includes a bumper lineup of International and Australian industry talent. Returning to Adelaide, with thanks to the continued support of the South Australian Government’s Music Development Office, the conference will take place at the Mercury Cinema from 2-4 August.
The 2023 Indie-Con program will welcome a host of incredible international industry brains and shed light on a range of topics that cater to Australian independent labels and the music industry at large.
International speakers include Neeta Ragoowansi – the Executive Director of Folk Alliance International (USA), Noemí Planas the Chief Executive Officer at (WIN) Worldwide Independent Network (Spain), Polyvinyl’s Marketing Director – Natalie Dávila (USA), Co-Founder of The Numero Group (USA) – Rob Sevier, Colin Keenan from ATC Live (UK), with more speakers to be announced.
With three days of conference programming, this year’s Indie-Con will feature 16 sessions (a mix of panels & workshops), over 70 speakers (global music industry experts, label representatives, independent artists & journalists) and representatives from 40 different companies.
PROGRAMMING HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
– How to navigate the changing DSP landscape and plan new release cycles with Polyvinyl, The Orchard, Virgin Music & Xelon.
– Extracting the best out of your catalogue releases with The Numero Group, ABC Music, Spotify and Concord.
– The pros & cons of industry showcasing featuring Folk Alliance International, ATC Live, Sounds Australia, I Oh You & Sundowner Artists.
– A Green Music Australia panel with stories from artists and industry who are making positive environmental change in their practice featuring Jake Taylor from In Hearts Wake, ABC Music, UNFD and Beer n’ BBQ.
– How to develop the best plan to maximise fan engagement with YouTube Music, MIK Studios, Soda Music Group, Luke Million, Parvyn, and Alexia Damokas.
– Protecting copyright in the AI era with brains from WIN, ARIA, APRA, PPCA and Media Arts Lawyers.
– Specific Marketing and Publicity panels with the teams behind artist campaigns for Flume, Genesis Owusu, Lime Cordiale, Confidence Man, The Wiggles, Telenova and Teen Jesus & The Jean Teasers.
Indie-Con will be followed by MusicSA’s Scouted, showcasing emerging and unsigned talent from South Australia’s Music Scene. This year’s showcase will see 12 artists and bands take to 3 different stages across Adelaide West End on Friday 4th August.
AIR members receive discounted tickets, to find out about AIR membership click here.
AIR’s Indie-Con Australia Conference is held in conjunction with its annual invite-only AIR Awards, to be held on August 3.